Covid-19 Related Policies
- Your driver should wait for you in the parking lot while you have your procedure.
- Face masks are required for patients.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, the clinic reserves the right to reschedule your appointment.
- Please come 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Appointments are carefully scheduled to reduce potential contacts.
- Please bring a valid health card.
- Please bring the credit card you used for your deposit so we can refund it.
- Cancellation and/or rebooking is possible up to 5 business days before the date of the procedure.
- Late changes will result in the loss of the deposit.
Things to Avoid Before Vasectomy
- If you enjoy alcohol on a regular basis, please stop drinking it at least 48 hours before your appointment.
- If you take prescription blood thinners please inform your doctor and get their approval. Sometimes you may need to adjust these medications around the time of your surgery, and your doctor can help you with that.
- Please shave the entire scrotum the day before your procedure date. Have a shower before coming to the clinic.
- It is best to have additional scrotal support for the first day or two after the vasectomy. If you have an athletic support, remove the plastic cup and pull the support over your underwear. If you don’t have a support, you can invest in SAXX underwear and use in place of the underwear/support combo. Make sure to be wearing your support to the clinic. Visit the SAXX store locator. If these options are not available, wear a second pair of underwear over the first pair.
- Using small ice packs are helpful in reducing pain and swelling when you get home. It’s best to place them underneath your support.
- You don’t have to fast before your vasectomy. At least have a good breakfast, and stay hydrated before your appointment.
- Apart from blood thinners, if you take prescription medications you can continue them as normal before and after the procedure.
- We advise that you have another adult drive you to and from the clinic.
- It’s preferable to take 2 tablets of extra-strength tylenol or one tablet of Advil, half an hour before the procedure time.
- Feel free to bring headphones if you wish to distract yourself with a mobile device in the procedure room.
- On the initial day of recovery, ice down the surgical site as often as possible. Wear scrotal support/supportive underwear for at least 48 hours. Take 400mg of Advil every 6 hours for the next 5-7 days, as needed.
- Do not shower for 24 hours. Do not tub/pool for 72 hours. After that, do as per normal routine.
- If you have an office job, you can get back to work in about 1-2 days. If you have strenuous and physical work, you can return after about a week.
- No exercise or sexual activity for 1 week. Avoid lifting more than 20 lbs for at least 72 hours.
- Stay on birth control until you have a semen analysis test done. This occurs 4 months after the vasectomy. If your testing is good after, you can stop birth control.
Our team works out of 2 different clinic locations throughout the week, so make sure that you are arriving at the correct clinic.