Covid-19 Related Policies
- Your driver should wait for you in the parking lot while you have your procedure.
- Face masks are required for patients.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, the clinic reserves the right to reschedule your appointment.
- Please come on time for your appointment to help us manage social distancing in the clinic.
- Appointments are carefully scheduled to reduce potential contacts.
- Please review the short video on COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have any of the symptoms described in the video, please call us or email us for further direction.
- Please view this video on social distancing.
- Please bring a valid health card.
- Please bring the credit card you used for your deposit so we can refund it.
- Cancellation/rebooking policy is 5 business days before the date of the procedure.
Things to Avoid Before Circumcision
- If you enjoy alcohol on a regular basis, please stop drinking it at least 48 hours before your appointment.
- If you take blood thinning medications, please stop them before your procedure.
- NSAIDs: please stop at least 5 days prior. Examples of NSAIDs are Ibuprofen, ASA, Naproxen. If you are taking ASA because of a heart condition, please make sure that your doctor is aware, and is okay having you stop ASA.
- Prescription blood thinners: please inform your doctor and get their approval. Sometimes you may need to adjust these medications around the time of your surgery, and your doctor can help you with that.
- Please shave the entire scrotum the day before your procedure date. Have a shower before coming to the clinic.
- It is best to have additional scrotal support for the first day or two after the vasectomy. If you have an athletic support, remove the plastic cup and pull the support over your underwear. If you don’t have a support, you can invest in SAXX underwear and use in place of the underwear/support combo. Make sure to be wearing your support to the clinic. Visit the SAXX store locator. If these options are not available, wear a second pair of underwear over the first pair.
- Using small ice packs are helpful in reducing pain and swelling when you get home. It’s best to place them underneath your support.
- You don’t have to fast before your vasectomy.
- Apart from blood thinners, if you take prescription medications you can continue them as normal before and after the procedure.
- We advise that you have another adult drive you to and from the clinic.
- Feel free to bring headphones if you wish to distract yourself with a mobile device in the procedure room.
- Use ice and Tylenol at least for the first day. Scrotal support for at least 48 hours.
- Do not shower for 24 hours. Do not tub/pool for 72 hours. After that, do as per normal routine.
- If you have an office job, you can get back to work in about 1-2 days. If you have strenuous and physical work, you can return after about a week.
- No exercise or sexual activity for 1 week.
- Stay on birth control until you have a semen analysis test done. This occurs 4 months after the vasectomy. If your testing is good after, you can stop birth control.
Our team works out of 2 different clinic locations throughout the week, so make sure that you are arriving at the correct clinic.
Mississauga Clinic Location
Clinics run Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Pay parking off of Confederation Parkway with kiosk in lobby
North York Clinic Location
Clinics run Tuesday and Thursday. Free parking.