Circumcision Patient Prep
Covid-19 Related Policies
- Only 2 people can be with the baby. All other people must leave the clinic and wait.
- Do not bring strollers to the clinic. Use a carrier to transport your baby in and out of the clinic. Put all other essentials in a baby bag and leave your purses/other bags in the car.
- Face masks are required for patients and accompanying family.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, the clinic reserves the right to reschedule your appointment.
- Please come on time for your appointment to help us manage social distancing in the clinic.
- Appointments are carefully scheduled to reduce potential contacts.
- Please bring a valid health slip/card number for your child.
- Acceptable payment for the balance of your bill is by by credit card, debit card or cash.
- Cancellation/rebooking policy is to require a minimum of one business day notification before the date of the procedure.
- Late changes will result in the loss of the deposit.
- If you come without your spouse/partner to the clinic, please download the ABSENT PARENT CONSENT form, have your spouse/partner complete it, and bring it to the clinic.
Things to Avoid Before Circumcision
- For nursing mothers, discontinue Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) at least 5 days before procedure. Examples of such medications are ASA, Ibuprofen, Naproxen. They are commonly taken after C-sections for pain relief. We recommend that you substitute your NSAID with Tylenol if required.
- If your baby is taking NSAIDs because it is prescribed to him, Dr. Sing must review the medical history and possibly consult with your doctor before the procedure can be done.
- Please click to review the circumcision counselling video on our website.
- Please download and read our Circumcision After-Care Instructions before your baby’s appointment.
- Please bring with you :
- At least 1 diaper that is one size larger than what your son is using now.
- At least 2 regular sized diapers
- 2 receiving blankets
- Please purchase a tub of Vaseline and a box of 3 by 3 inch gauze at your local pharmacy. You will need these items for post care. Petroleum based Vaseline works better than non-petroleum based Vaseline.
- Before you leave home, give your baby 0.5 mL of Tempra. DO NOT GIVE IBUPROFEN (ADVIL).
- Plan your trip the day of your appointment.
- Feel free to change your baby in the procedure room if his diaper is dirty.
- Do not feed your baby after you arrive in clinic. You may feed him after you have left the clinic.
- Bring your parking stub into the clinic with you for validation.
- If your baby suddenly starts crying a lot after the circumcision, it’s because he has urinated for the first time after the procedure. This is uncomfortable for him. Check his diaper for active bleeding. If everything is fine, administer Tylenol and comfort him until he settles.
- Some babies will not urinate for several hours. We advise that you contact the clinic the next morning if he has gone all night after the procedure with a dry diaper.
- Some babies will not want to feed for several hours and may skip a feeding or two so do not be alarmed if this happens. This is usually why they do not urinate much after surgery.
- Some babies are tired and sleep a lot right after the procedure, so do not be alarmed if this happens.
- You can sponge bathe your son for the first 72 hours, then after that you can put him in the tub.
Click Directions on the map below to plan your route.
Our team works out of 2 different clinic locations throughout the week, so make sure that you are arriving at the correct clinic.