Our clinics are now open for procedures.
The clinics will operate with modified protocols to support social distancing and infection control.
At Gentle Procedures we take disease prevention and infection control very seriously.
We only see patients that are well and are at low risk of having the coronavirus. All our staff follow policies regarding infection protection and control. We clean surfaces between procedures. We enforce the highest hygiene standards and follow hand washing protocols.
Specific ways we are ensuring staff and patient safety:
- Making the experience as contactless as possible
- Limiting number of patients in the clinic per hour
- Pre-visit screening
- PPE for staff
- Adherence to cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Staff trained in infection prevention and control for COVID-19
Thank you for choosing Gentle Procedures.
- Please come on time for your appointment to help us manage social distancing in the clinic.
- Appointments are carefully scheduled to reduce potential contacts.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, the clinic reserves the right to reschedule your appointment.
- Thanks for your help.
Please review the following information below for your benefit.
You can also visit the Ontario Ministry of Health information site for updated details anytime at Ontario.ca/coronavirus.
Information Regarding COVID-19
COVID 19 belongs to a family of viruses that can cause the common cold. This virus originated in animals and then jumped over to human hosts. It originated in and spread from China. For the most part, it doesn’t significantly affect young and/or healthy persons. Casualties usually arise in the elderly and those who have significant medical problems.
COVID 19 spreads via contact with an infected individual or their body fluids (eg. saliva, sputum, stool). It is NOT airborne. Handwashing is the most important defense against the virus.
Monitoring For COVID-19 Symptoms
Persons can monitor themselves by self-screening for:
- Fever – the most significant symptom
- Difficulty breathing
If your self-screen is POSITIVE, do the following:
- Stay at home
- Contact your family physician/local health unit for further direction
We will continue to monitor developments regarding the virus moving forward. We appreciate your understanding and support in ensuring a safe environment for everyone.
Roland Sing, MD, FRCS©
Gentle Procedures Toronto/Mississauga